Thursday, November 16, 2023

The kingdom of God is in the midst of you

 "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed;
nor will they say, `Lo, here it is!' or `There!' 
for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."
LUKE 17:20-21


Jesus answered the Pharisees who asked him when the kingdom of God would come. 

Jesus told them that the kingdom of God was not something that could be observed or located in a specific place, but rather it was within them, or in their midst, meaning that it was present in His person and ministry. 

Different translations of the Bible may use different words to express this idea, such as “among you”, “in your hearts”, or “surrounding you”. Some interpreters understand this verse to mean that the kingdom of God is a spiritual reality that can be experienced by anyone who believes in Jesus and follows his teachings. Others see it as a reference to the future manifestation of God’s reign that will be revealed at the end of the age. (Microsoft Bing)


Lord Jesus, You are the giver of life in its fullness who holds my past, present, and future. Thank You so much for giving me a life that is peaceful, comfortable, abundant, and complete.

Today, I look forward to more glorious days ahead. Each moment with You brings full of joy and peace to my heart, knowing and believing that I am well loved. I humbly dedicate myself to You for You alone can make me whole. I just surrender all my concerns, worries, and cares to You my Lord. 

Life is not worth preserving and will only be meaningless and futile without You. You are the one true source of all my joy who breathes life to me each day. Please be with me at all times so that I may avoid the temptations of evil. Fiil me with Your love so that I may walk in righteousness and in truth. Have mercy on me and cast out all evil that is in me replacing them with the fullness of Your love and peace. I pray for the grace, Lord, to build meaningful memories and legacies. 

I face the present times knowing and believing that You will guide, protect, and see me through the day. I look forward to the future, full of hope and confidence that what You have stored for me will be the best. What I have are all Yours and at any given time, You can take all these away from me. You are more than enough to make all my dreams and wishes come true. Truly, You alone can make me rich in every way. 

With much love and thanksgiving, I humbly offer Your back all the glory and praise now and forever. Amen.


Pericope:
V: The Journey to Jerusalem: Luke's Travel Narrative
THE COMING OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD / THE DAY OF THE SON OF MAN
Luke 17:20-21/22-37